Monday, January 16, 2012

No injustice in my life!

So for the past four days, I have not made an entry. It's not that there hasn't been much going on, because there has, it's just I've been sort of busy but most of all I have been lazy. Very lazy. So I have started my new job and it has been one of the best things that I have done thus far. It has been absolutely great. This is EXACTLY where I need to be. The other day, I watched one of my favorite movies ever, Freedom Writers and it was so great. It compelled me to believe in myself again. To inspire to be greater than great. To never loose faith and give up. Yes, Yes, YES! Although I have seen the movie a thousand times, it touches my heart just like the first time. I'm so thankful to God for allowing me to believe again.

Today is MLK Day and so Mia and I decided to go to the National Mall and visit his monument. It was a moving experience. Keep fighting for justice. Never let injustice fester and grow. One of my favorite quotations by MLK would have to be, "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"! Yes! This.is.why.I.live.

As for Washington, D.C. I am loving this city more and more everyday! Words can not express. I do not miss Oxford, Mississippi in any fashion. Gosh, I really don't. The fucking closed society. Like anyone knows, Ole Miss and I have have a love-hate relationship. Enough about that, D.C. is WON-DER-FUL!!!! It is completely different from Oxford. Obviously! I see so many interracial, gay and lesbian couples all the time. As in Oxford, one would get many stares. I hate that, but it is my goal to change that.

Be blessed, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment